1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1 large egg
Immediately transfer cookies to cool flat surface.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In medium bowl mix flour, soda and cinnamon well and set aside.
- In separate medium bowl cream together butter and sugar until grainy.
- Add syrup and egg and beat until thickened.
- Add flour mixture and blend until combined. Be careful to not over beat the batter.
- Place dough in plastic bag and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and form dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet (or on silicone pad) and bake for 17 to 18 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
Servings: 24 Yield: 2 dozen cookies
You can add 3/4 Cup of finely ground pecans to flour mixture if you wish. For added flavor saute pecans in 1 Tbsp. Butter until golden brown.