If you like the good old fashioned chewy peanut butter cookies you'll want to be sure you under cook these just a little bit. You're looking for a light golden edge with a middle that is still soft and just springs back when touched lightly. Let them cool on the pans for a few minutes to set up so you don't end up with misshapen cookies!
Recipe: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Description: A peanut butter cookie with whole grain goodness and peanut butter chips!
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips®
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment cream together the butter and peanut butter at medium speed. Scrape the bowl and add the brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the oats and peanut butter chips until well dispersed. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons or with a cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies have a slightly golden edge but still appear a little soft on the top. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pans for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3 dozen
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © 2012.
Recipe by Sugar Pies.
Microformatting by hRecipe.