Recently, I've started dog sitting for some extra income and I think these may become a nice little perq for clients. Maybe a small bag for the owners to give to their dogs upon their return. Maybe even for the owners to share themselves. After all, these are made with things that people like to eat too. While they aren't as sweet as a "real" cinnamon bun they are pretty good in their own right.
Puppy Buddies Buns
A great cinnamon roll treat for your best buddy!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 -2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a 2-cup or larger measuring cup combine the oil, eggs and water and whisk together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined and a soft dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a 8x14-inch rectangle. Lightly brush the honey and molasses over the dough, leaving about a 1/2-inch border on the sides. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the honey and molasses.
- Working form the long side, roll up the dough tightly like a jelly roll and pinch the edges to seal. Cut the dough into half-inch slices and place cut side down on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the buns are browned and spring back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Treats should be stored in an airtight container.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 buns